Summer Yoga & Qigong Weekend Retreat
Friday, Aug 26th – Sunday, Aug 28th 2011
with Sitara & Rob
and guest teacher Rupert Harvey
and guest teacher Rupert Harvey
- a beautiful tranquil retreat centre in nature on a sprawling country acreage
- gentle and invigorating daily yoga and Qigong classes
- relaxing by the pool or enjoying a refreshing dip
- delicious healthy meals prepared for you (no dishes to wash )
- quality time away from your daily routine
- sharing with an intimate group of like-minded people
If any of this sounds appealing, you are in luck!
We know how important it is to take time away from the demands of a busy life to relax and rejuvenate the mind, body and spirit. This is why we are offering you a chance to spend a weekend doing what you need to help refresh and recharge yourself at our Summer Yoga and Qigong Retreat.
Our Summer Yoga & Qigong Retreat will include:
- 2 Kripalu Yoga classes (all levels)
- 2 Qigong classes
- 2 experiential workshops
- sharing circle, an accepting and confidential space where you will have the opportunity to share how you feel without receiving feedback
- healthy gourmet vegetarian meals
- 2 nights comfortable accommodations (single, shared or tenting)
- kirtan (devotional chanting)
- swimming pool
- warm, peaceful atmosphere
- and more…
(all activities optional, no experience necessary)
We are excited to welcome guest teacher Sifu Rupert Harvey, a kung-fu master who has been studying Qigong and martial arts for over 40 years. Among his many impressive achievements, he appeared as a stunt performer on many episodes ofKung-Fu The Legend Continues with David Carradine. He is also an accomplished musician.
Qigong is a 5000-year old Chinese self-healing system with many similarities to yoga that can complement our practice. This ancient Eastern tradition includes exercises that help maintain youthfulness, support the immune system, enhances vitality, improves focus and cultivates calmness.
For more information about Rupert click here.
We are also honored to have some wonderful Toronto kirtan leaders who will be joining us in our kirtan.
Friday, August 26 – Sunday, August 28
Check-in begins at 3:00 pm on Friday. There will be a yoga class from 4:30 to 6:00 and dinner around 6:30 pm. The retreat officially begins at 7:30 pm and ends Sunday at 1:00 pm.
Lotus Heart Centre
This secluded retreat sanctuary is located near Brighton, Ontario, Canada.
Only 2 hours east of Toronto, and 3½ hours S.W. of Ottawa.
See for yourself at www.lotusheartcentre.ca (website will be online soon)
Other Offerings (additional cost)
Sitara – private healing sessions.
Our host, Andre Lepine – thai yoga massage
Massage Therapy & Reiki
For testimonials on people who have joined us for past retreats please click here.
Cost (per person)
$400 single / $350 shared / $325 tenting
$375 single / $325 shared / $300 tenting (early bird special – before August 5th)
(All taxes and service charges included)
A non-refundable deposit of $125 per person is required to reserve your spot at this special summer retreat. Full payment to be made by August 26th.
If you are currently attending any of our classes or events, you can bring your deposit next time you see us. If you prefer to register online or by mail please contact us for the details.
To register for this unique retreat weekend, contact us at: